I am Vincent Palmer, an experienced and knowledgeable Web Development freelancer and Higher Education Information Technology professional.
I am a self-starter and self-taught Developer that is willing to learn through projects. I enjoy doing freelance work because it allows me to expand my knowledge of different programming languages and dig deep into my imagination. I have lead several technical presentations on the national and regional levels, including social media workshops for Non-Profit organizations. I am personable and social in any business setting, allowing me to interact with clients or prospective clients that may not have technical backgrounds.
I am currently a Sr. Web Application at Georgia Institute of Technology focused on the UX/UI for our online applications. I have previous work experience at the University of Alabama and at the University System of Georgia as a Sr. Web Developer building web applications and web sites. Also in this role, I developed mobile solutions for special yearly events. I also have experience working in the backend of systems by working with MySQL databases as they relate to front-end applications.
I am currently a Sr. Web Application at Georgia Institute of Technology focused on the UX/UI for our online applications.
Communications and Presentations:
- Invitation to present on “Homecoming With a Technical Twist” at HighEdWeb Southeast Conference in Portland, OR.
- Presenter at HighEdWeb Southeast Conference in Florence, SC on “Homecoming With A Technical Twist”.
- Co-presenter at the Higher Education Web Conference 2012 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on the iPad Interview Rubric.
- Co-presenter for The University of Alabama System Scholars Institute 2014.
- Presenter as the Social Media Consultant at TAP Presents: Watch Your Mouth Workshop for student athletes in the following locations
- Tuscaloosa, AL at the Bryant Denny Stadium on the campus of The University of Alabama
- Mobile, AL at Saraland High School
- Birmingham, AL at the University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Mobile, AL at Mattie T Blount High School
Hybrid Front-End | Design | Back-End Developer
- Strong communications skills.
- Experience with customer service and consulting.
- Great team member that likes to learn from and give help where ever needed.
- Experienced in Responsive Design.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects at the same time
- Easy going web ninja that appears to others as a technology wizard.
- Enjoys working on creative projects featuring emerging technology.
Projects Types: Ecommerce, Mobile Check-In Systems, Front-End Design, Database Creation, Form Application Development, Responsive Design, Back-End Administrative Systems, Mobile Judging Systems.